The ITIL Managing Professional Transition (MPT) course provides qualified professionals a fast-track way to obtain what will soon become one of the most desired IT designations, the ITIL Managing Professional.
Prerequisites: 17 or more credits in the ITIL v3 scheme
ITIL 4 Foundation is NOT a prerequisite. However, the Foundation course provides exposure to concepts and practices which aren’t covered in MPT. Also, by attending Foundation, learners get early exposure to concepts which are covered (e.g., key foundation ITIL 4 concepts such as the Service Value System), allowing them to focus on what’s new beyond Foundation (e.g., concepts related to driving stakeholder value and high velocity IT) while attending the MPT class.
This five (5) day course provides a holistic look at key concepts, principles and methods that IT practitioners working in organizations where IT makes a strategic difference need to understand.
Attendees acquire an understanding of:
- How key ITIL v3 concepts (e.g., the service lifecycle, processes, functions) have evolved in ITIL 4
- Key ITIL 4 concepts such as the Service Value System and its components: guiding principles, governance, the Service Value Chain, practices and continual improvement
- Key concepts from each of the ITIL 4 IT Specialist courses:
- Create, Deliver & Support
- Drive Stakeholder Value
- High Velocity IT
- Key concepts from the universal ITIL 4 IT Strategist course:
- Direct, Plan and Improve