Please note that the Managing Professional Transition course along with the exam will be discontinued by AXELOS on July 1, 2022. After this date, learners will not be able to sit a Managing Professional Transition exam. All exams need to be TAKEN before July 1, 2022. PeopleCert will not approve any exceptions. We recommend you request your exam by Friday, December 17th – or earlier.
Read more about ITIL 4 here.
The ITIL Managing Professional Transition (MPT) course provides qualified professionals a fast-track way to obtain what will soon become one of the most desired IT designations, the ITIL Managing Professional.
Prerequisites: 17 or more credits in the ITIL v3 scheme
ITIL 4 Foundation is NOT a prerequisite. However, the Foundation course provides exposure to concepts and practices which aren’t covered in MPT. Also, by attending Foundation, learners get early exposure to concepts which are covered (e.g., key foundation ITIL 4 concepts such as the Service Value System), allowing them to focus on what’s new beyond Foundation (e.g., concepts related to driving stakeholder value and high velocity IT) while attending the MPT class.
Course Objectives: This five (5) day course provides a holistic look at key concepts, principles and methods that IT practitioners working in organizations where IT makes a strategic difference need to understand.
Attendees acquire an understanding of:
- How key ITIL v3 concepts (e.g., the service lifecycle, processes, functions) have evolved in ITIL 4
- Key ITIL 4 concepts such as the Service Value System and its components: guiding principles, governance, the Service Value Chain, practices and continual improvement
- Key concepts from each of the ITIL 4 IT Specialist courses:
- Create, Deliver & Support
- Drive Stakeholder Value
- High Velocity IT
- Key concepts from the universal ITIL 4 IT Strategist course:
- Direct, Plan and Improve
- New ways of thinking and working that enable IT professionals to successfully navigate the modern digital world
Course / Student Materials:
- Instructor led education and exercise facilitation
- GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Participation in unique in-class assignments
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher
- Access to ITSM Academy’s Learner Portal – my.itsmacademy.com – extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital learner manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Sample documents and templates
- Reference Cards
- Personal Action Plan
- Memory exercises, study aids and sample exams
Certification: Learners earn their Managing Professional Designation
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have successful track records as IT professionals and bring that acumen into the classroom. Utilizing the highest quality content, trainers blend their real-life experiences into lively classroom discussion. Instructors for this course are ITIL Experts, Managing Professionals, and hold multiple ITIL, Agile, DevOps and ITSM industry certifications. They have successfully completed ITSM Academy’s Managing Professional Train-the-Trainer Program. Alumni complete class prepared to pass the exam, but more importantly, with a wealth of practical knowledge.
Professional Education Hours: Individuals attending this class will earn 30 professional education hours (e.g., PDUs, CPEs, CEUs) upon completion of this course. These professional education hours can be submitted to associations such as the Project Management Institute and ISACA, if applicable.
You can click here to order your class with ITSM Academy. Don’t forget to use code OWLPOINT#10 for 10% off.