WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
As used herein, the term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name, address, telephone number, mobile number, e-mail address, school and/or school district, or credit card number) and information about that individual or his or her activities that is directly linked to personally identifiable information. Personal information does not include “aggregate” information, which is data we collect about the use of the Website or about a group or category of services or users, from which individual identities or other personal information has been removed. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
ACTIVE COLLECTION: Personal information may be collected in a number of ways when you visit our Website. We collect certain information you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you enroll as a customer, create an account or a profile, make a purchase, send us an email or sign up to receive email or text message updates, fill out a form, connect through a social feed, request information or apply for a job or internship. Such information may include personal information, such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and credit card information. In addition, from time to time we may collect demographic, contact or other personal information you provide in connection with your participation in surveys, and other activities on the Website.
PASSIVE COLLECTION: When you use the Website, some information is also automatically collected, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring web site, and your activity on our Website. We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any of the identifying information mentioned above. Otherwise, it is used in the aggregate only. We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies” or web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive at the request of a website.
Among other things, cookies help us improve our Website and your experience. Information obtained from cookies and linked to personally identifying information is treated as personal information. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser manufacturer to learn about these functions. When you view a video on our Website, a third party may also set a “flash cookie” on your computer. Removing and rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Website. To delete or disable flash cookies, please visit http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. However, if you choose to remove or reject browser or flash cookies, this could affect certain features on our Website. Web beacons are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the Website or in emails relating to the Website to collect certain information about usage and campaign effectiveness and monitor user activity on the Website.
HOW DO WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We use personal information collected through our Website for the purposes described in this Policy or elsewhere on the Website. For example, we may use personal information we collect:
• To provide the services, products, or information you request, and to process and complete such requests and any related transactions;
• To send you confirmations, updates, alerts, support and administrative messages, and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Website;
• To notify you about important changes to the Website;
• To send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, resources, promotions, contests, discounts, products and services;
• To contact you if other information is necessary under federal or state laws;
• To request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Website;
• To respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, and requests and to provide customer service;
• To monitor and analyze site usage and trends, and to personalize and improve the Site and our users’ experiences on the Site, such as providing content, or features that match your profiles or interests, and to increase the Site’s functionality and user friendliness; and
• For any other legal purpose for which the information was collected.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES?
It is our policy not to share the personal information we collect from you through our Website with third parties, except as described in this Policy or as otherwise disclosed on the Website. For example, we may share personal information:
• With vendors, consultants, partner organizations and other service providers or volunteers who are engaged by or working with us and who need access to such information to carry out their work for or with us;
• To report required information to any state or federal licensing authority for the purposes of compliance with our requirements under the law;
• When you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on the Website, that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
• When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
• When we believe in good faith that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to respond to claims or to protect the rights, property, or safety of OWLPOINT, our users, our employees, our volunteers, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation to protect such parties from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful activity or use of our Site;
• To enforce or apply this Policy, our Terms of Service, or our other policies or agreements; and
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of a new company, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of OWLPOINT.
We are not responsible for the actions of any service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such parties. Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent.
You understand that when you use the Website, information you post in your profile, blogs, forums and other interactive areas of the Website, as well as any information you share with individuals through the Website or share through social network Website, will be available to other users and, in some cases, may be publicly available.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Website may contain links to other websites. Any personal information you provide
WHAT STEPS DO WE TAKE TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION ONLINE?
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission that can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the Website by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR INFORMATION?
You may “opt out” of receiving text messages, email updates and newsletters by following the instructions in those text messages and emails. Please note that we may still send you other types of emails, such as emails about your use of our Website, or use information as otherwise described in this Policy, even if you opt out of receiving email updates and newsletters.
How to Contact Us
601 US Highway 206
Hillsborough, NJ 08844