What is High-Velocity IT?
High-Velocity IT (HVIT) is the application of digital technology to significantly enable businesses where speed (to market, to customers, in general) is critical. But High-Velocity IT isn’t just about the fast development of digital technology. You need to quickly do the right things, the right way (no cutting corners on utility or warranty of solutions!).
High-Velocity IT enables businesses to become market leaders with innovative solutions and quick responses to changing conditions. But not all organizations are currently in a position to undertake the significant transformation to HVIT.
Is your organization ready for High-Velocity IT?
Significant transformation will always have associated costs and risks. It may be that an organization has different priorities for budget dollars. Additionally, an organization’s culture and/or appetite for change may not make such a transformation appropriate at this time. But, at some point to remain competitive (or even lead the market), most organizations will likely need to embrace High-Velocity IT.
To help determine if your organization is ready for High-Velocity IT, compare HVITs objectives as a fit for your objectives and determine if your organization’s culture is represented by the behaviors of HVIT.
Objectives and Behaviors of High-Velocity IT
ITIL 4 identifies the following five HVIT Objectives. Are they a in line with the objectives of your organization?
- Fast Development – developing new and improved digital services frequently, quickly, and reliably
- Assured Conformance – assuring service provisioning and consumption is within compliance of corporate and regulatory rules regarding governance, risk, and compliance (GRC)
- Valuable Investments – identifying digital investments that contribute significantly to your business strategy
- Value Co-Creation – co-creating value from digital products through collaboration between the service provider and service consumer
- Resilient Operations – ensuring digital products are available for use when needed
ITIL 4 identifies the following five HVIT Behaviors. Are they a good fit for your organization’s culture?
- Trust and be trusted – Respect people’s skills and trust them to make the right decisions.
- Continually raise the bar – Take initiatives to make improvements.
- Help get customers’ jobs done – Help others solve problems.
- Accept ambiguity and uncertainty – Experiment. Don’t be afraid to fail. Learn from mistakes. Enabled by a Safety Culture.
- Commit to continual learning – Experiment. Challenge hypotheses.
Right now, High-Velocity IT is ahead of the curve, but not for long. The most successful companies are going to be the ones who can move quickly, adapt to change, and rise to meet any challenge – and that’s HVIT. Those who take time to prepare for the future will find themselves ahead of their competition and able to take advantage of every unexpected challenge.
Learn more about High-Velocity IT
Is your organization ready for High-Velocity IT? To learn more about High-Velocity IT and ITIL 4, OwlPoint is proud to announce that we can offer a 10% discount to ITSM Academy ’s ITIL 4 Foundation Virtual Class. This ITIL 4 Foundation class is the pre-requisite to other classes including High Velocity IT.
Enter the code OWLPOINT#10 at checkout and get 10% off. This code works for all public classes.
As always, OwlPoint is here to help you with all your IT planning and management projects. Never hesitate to reach out with questions. If you are interested in corporate programs and customer virtual classes, please contact OwlPoint at email@example.com or 888-992-9695 to schedule a time to discuss for the company’s education needs.